2012 Veterans Day Free Meals and Discounts
Veterans Day is soon approaching and there are many restaurants and companies who want to thank our veterans by providing them with discounts or a free meal. To those companies offering veterans a free meal or discount, the military community gives a collective thanks!
Two notes before jumping in:
- Proof of Military Service. Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, Photograph in uniform, be wearing uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW),DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Participation. Second, always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
2012 Free Veterans Day Meals
To find the most up to date information: http://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-day-free-meals-and-discounts/ Thanks!
Outback Steakhouse – A week of Free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes Monday Nov. 7 – Friday Nov. 11 2012. Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel who have one of the following forms of identifications: U.S Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), DD form 214 Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW), Photograph in Uniform, Wearing Uniform. For more information, visit, http://outback.com/companyinfo/veteransday.aspx.
Applebee’s – free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Last year, Applebee’s served over one million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. There will be 7 entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required. Find locations at http://applebees.com/.
Hoffbrau Steakhouse, Nov. 11, 2012. To show our appreciation we would like to offer 50% off lunch or dinner for ALL military personnel and Veterans on the 11th of each month. Valid at all locations. Please bring proof of military service.
Champps Americana, Nov. 11, 2012. We’re celebrating our Veterans with an All American Meal! All Veterans and Active Military will receive a free burger on Friday, November 11th! Proof of service required. Offer not valid for the Pepperjack Bacon Stack Burger or Kobe Burger. Dine in only, valid at participating locations. More info, Find a location near you.
Chili’s – free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11 2012. Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of 7 meals. This offer is available from 11am – 5pm on November 11, 2011 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service. Visit their website to find locations.
Famous Dave’s – Sunday Nov. 11 2012. Free or discounted meals on Veterans Day. Offer varies by location, please check the Famous Dave’s Veterans Day page or call your local restaurant for more information.
Fox & Hound and Bailey’s Sports Bar (2011 – awaiting 2012 update). Veterans and Active Duty Military will receive a free item from the 7 under $7 menu. Active military ID, retiree card, or other proof of service required. Visit site for location information.
Hooters – Free Meal, Sunday, Nov. 11 2012. Hooter’s is serving up a free meal to military veterans all day on Veterans Day. Offer good for all veterans and active duty military personnel. Get 10 Free Wings – Boneless or Regular, drink purchase required. Offer valid at participating Hooters only; open to all active duty and military veterans with valid military ID or proof of military service.
Hy-Vee, Free Breakfast, Friday, Nov. 11, 2012. Free Veterans Day breakfast from 7am – 11am at all Hy-Vee supermarkets with in-store dining. Please call ahead to verify participation, and bring proof of service.
Krispy Kreme – Free doughnut. November 11th. Available only at participating Krispy Kreme stores. Offer available to all active-duty, retirees & veterans on Friday Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is participating.
Subway – Free Six Inch Sub, November 11, 2012.Select SUBWAY® Restaurants will offer a FREE six inch sub or flatbread to military veterans on Veterans Day. This offer is valid only on November 11, 2012 at participating local SUBWAY® restaurants, Military ID or proof of service required. Note: SUBWAY® Restaurants are franchises, so this offer may not be available everywhere. Please call ahead for participation and times.
Texas Roadhouse – free lunch, Sunday, Nov. 11 2012. Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans – including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required. Find locations.
The Olive Garden, Free entrée, Nov. 11, 2012. Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Friday, November 11th during regular business hours. Choose from a special menu; all entrées include freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. Offer good in US and Canada, proof of service required.
Uno Chicago Grill, Friday, Nov. 11 (2011 – awaiting 2012 update). Veteran’s Day Discount: 19.43% discount on their food and non-alcoholic beverage beverages purchases from11/7 through 11/11. Why 19.43%, do you ask? That is the year UNO invented deep dish pizza. Offer good for all military for veterans and active duty military. ID or proof of service required: Show up in uniform (if your service permits), provide military ID, show a picture of yourself in uniform, or have other ID showing proof of service.
Red Lobster – Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Free Appetizer on Veterans Day with military ID or proof of service. Vets may choose from a select list of appetizers.
On The Border, Sun. Nov. 11, 2012. “Sizzling Salute to Veterans” promotion. Mention this special, and On the Border will donate 15% of your purchase to Carry the Load, a non-profit military organization. Veterans and Service members with ID who dine at On The Border on 11/11/12 will receive a certificate for a free entree (up to $10) valid from 11/12/12 thru 11/30/12
Golden Corral – Free meal, Monday Nov. 12: Monday, November 12, 2012 from 4 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants nationwide. The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday.
T.G.I. Friday’s – Free Lunch, Monday Nov 12, 2012.Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
Spaghetti Warehouse, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. Buy one entrée, get one free, coupon required. Choose any of 11 Original Recipe Spaghetti entrées and receive a second entrée free. This offer is open to everyone, not just veterans. Download the coupon at their website (available starting Nov. 5th).
Little Caesars® Pizza, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. Little Caesars is honoring the men and women of the United States armed forces this Veterans Day by providing veterans and active military members with a free Crazy Bread® with proof of military status or proof of service at participating stores nationwide. Call ahead to verify participation.
Denny’s Veterans Day Appreciation Event, Nov. 12 2012. Free all you can eat pancakes from 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays. You can also find Home Depot discounts online.
Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
Fee Free Day at National Parks. To honor America’s service men and women, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that areas managed by the National Park Service would not charge entrance fees for Veterans Day weekend – November 10-12, 2012. Everyone is eligible, not just veterans. Over 100 national Parks will be participating in this event.
Bed and Breakfast for Vets
In the third year of the program, B&Bs for Vets has organized over 230 (and counting) participating Bed and Breakfasts and Inns across the US and Canada which will be offering veterans a free night’s stay on November 10th, the night before Veterans Day. This offer is available to both active duty military members and veterans with ID, but space is limited. Each Inn and B&B has at least one room available for this promotion and reservations must be made directly through the participating Inns and B&Bs. For more information visit B&Bs for Vets.
Free Hugo® Canes for Veterans
Sam’s Club® locations nationwide will distribute 36,000 Hugo® canes free of charge on November 9th, 10th, 11th, 2011 to U.S. military veterans in need of mobility assistance. Limited quantities available, while supplies last. Sam’s Club® Membership is not required, but proof of military service may be required. For more information, visit HugoSalutes.com.
Veteran’s Day Discounts – Retail Stores & More
Here are some additional Veterans Day Discounts. In all cases, be sure to provide proper ID or proof of service. In addition, some of these stores are franchises, so verify participation before assuming the discount is in place.
Amazon.com – Free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor” This free downloadable album includes 12 songs as performed by the military bands and ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces. Visit Amazon now through Veterans Day to download the album for free(album will be full price again starting Nov. 12).
- Big Lots – 10% off your entire purchase. Offer available to active duty, Guard/Reserve, veterans, retirees and their immediate family members, with valid ID. Please call ahead to verify.
- Cabela’s. Cabela’s is giving their standard employee discount to all US military veterans, active duty military, Guard/Reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel on Nov. 10-11. Discount varies from 5% to 20%, depending on the item.
- Dollar General. 10% discount on entire purchase on Veterans Day. Offer good for all active-duty military, retirees, veterans, Guard/Reserve, & immediate family members. The coupon can be found in the store circular, or by asking an employe. Also good online from Nov 11-13, use Coupon Code VETERANSDAY. More info.
- Free Business Cards and Checks. Get 25 FREE Checks – Choose from 6 different designs or upgrade to premium checks and choose from many more designs. Bonus Offer – Get 250 Free Business Cards! FREE Checks & Business Cards offer.
- Free Car wash. Thousands of car washes around the country are offering vets a free car wash on Veterans Day, Sun. Nov. 11, 2012. Find a list at Grace for Veterans, which helped veterans receive 101,537 FREE Washes on Veterans Day in 2011.
- Jos. A. Bank Specials: Veterans Day Sale- 1 Day Only! All Suits On Sale- 2nd for $47 Mix ‘n Match. 40% Off All Dress Shirts, Sportshirts, Ties & Sportswear. Free Shipping on Orders $195+. Valid: November 11. JoS. A. Bank Veterans Day Sale Orders.
- Netflix: Netflix – One Month Free Trial.
- Seven-Eleven – Free small Slurpee on Friday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
- Sports Authority – 15% off all purchases. All Veterans and Military personnel please stop by your local Sports Authority store to receive 15% OFF YOUR ENTIER PUCHSASE on 11.11.11 ONLY! Please show proper identification or proof of service at check-out to receive this special offer.
- Sport Clips – Veterans Day National cut-a-thon and Help A Hero Program. Sport Clips is the official haircutter of the VFW and will donate $1 from every haircut during the National Cut-a-Thon to VFW’s Operation Uplink, which provides free phone time to active-duty military personnel and hospitalized veterans. Sports Clips stores also offer a offer a Heroes discount which includes active and retired military. Find a location near you.
- $100 for opening new Chase Freedom VISA.
More offers available to everyone (not just military and veterans):These offers are available to anyone and require signing up for a new account.
- 2 Free Airline Tickets: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
- 6 Free Nights hotel stay: Marriott Rewards® Credit Card
- Up to $400 in gift cards: Citibank Checking Account
- $250 Cash Bonus: Citi Thank You Preferred Card
- Free Gamefly Trial
- Free Netflix trial
To all who served – a simple thank you is never enough. Thank you for your service.
Veteran Designation for Driver Licenses
DPS now offers a veteran designation on the face of driver licenses for qualifying veterans. The designation is not available on ID cards at this time. For this purpose, a veteran is someone who has served in the US Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Marine Corps or has served in the Texas National Guard, including the Texas Army and Air National Guard (but does not include the Texas State Guard). To qualify, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. Veterans must visit a driver license office and present a copy of or an original DD-214, DD-215, NGB-22, or US Department of Veterans Affairs disability letter showing that they received an honorable discharge or a general discharge (under honorable conditions) in order to be eligible for the veteran designation.